Our website is operated by tcworld GmbH, the service provider of tekom Deutschland and tekom Europe (hereinafter: tekom).
§1 Information on the Collection of Personal Data
(1) In the following passages, we have provided information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, for example your name, address, email addresses, and behavior as a user.
(2) Both associations
- Gesellschaft für Technische Kommunikation – tekom Deutschland e.V. and
- European Association for Technical Communication – tekom Europe e.V.
work together with tcworld GmbH as service provider. tcworld GmbH renders services for members, is an event organizer and publishing house for tekom publications, and a provider of training in the field of technical communication.
The controller, as defined by Article 4 (7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is tcworld GmbH together with the above-mentioned associations.
The address of their joint office is:
70178 Stuttgart, Germany
+49 (0)711 65704-0
Fax +49 (0)711 65704-99
Our data protection officer can be contacted at datenschutz(at)tekom.de or at our postal address (for the attention of the Data Protection Officer).
(3) If you contact us by email or via a contact form, the data that you have disclosed (your email address and possibly your name and telephone number) will be stored by us so that we can respond to your queries. We will delete the data generated in this connection once its storage is no longer necessary, or will limit its processing if it is subject to statutory retention requirements.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our site or would like to use your data for promotional purposes, we will inform you in detail below of the relevant processes. We will also inform you of the defined criteria for the storage period.
§2 Your Rights
(1) You have the following rights in respect to us regarding the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information,
- Right to have data corrected or deleted,
- Right to have processing restricted,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
§3 Collection of Personal Data When You Visit Our Website
(1) If you use the website for purely informational reasons, that is, if you do not log in, register or otherwise transmit information to us, we do not gather any personal data, with the exception of data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the website.
These data consist of:
If you would like to look at our website, we will collect the following data, which is necessary for us in order to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 (1) f) GDPR)
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted each time
- Website from which the request originates
- Referrer URL (the site previously visited)
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and browser software version
(2) In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website.
Cookies are small text files stored in association with the browser you use on your hard disk, which cause certain information to flow to the location that sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are used to make internet service more user-friendly and effective on the whole.
(3) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functionality are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b) below)
- Persistent cookies (see c) below)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. Session cookies belong to this group in particular. These store what is known as a Session ID, using which various requests by your browser can be assigned to the shared session. This way, your computer can be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined duration, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies anytime in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, e.g., refuse the acceptance of third-party or all cookies. Please note, however, that you then may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
f) Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. If you do not wish Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/), or the Adobe Flash cookie-killer for Google Chrome. We also recommend that you manually delete your cookies and browsing history on a regular basis.
§4 Use of Web Analysis Services
(1) To optimize our website, we use the web analysis service Matomo, which analyzes what visitors access on our website.
(2) We use Matomo in conformity with the GDPR:
Analysis is done using by cookies (see §3, 2). Cookies collect information regarding your use of our website. This information is stored solely on our server in Germany. We use "AnonymizeIP". With this, IP addresses are then only used in a shortened form, which does not enable individual identification of users' personal data. The IP address transmitted from your browser by Matomo will not be associated with any other data collected by us.
(3) The Matomo program is an open source project. Information from this third party concerning data protection can be found at www.matomo.org/privacy/policy .
(4) You have the option of preventing Matomo cookies from being stored on your computer and your use of this website being tracked by Matomo. To do so, you must modify the settings on your internet browser accordingly. If you prevent the storage of cookies, please be advised that you then may not be able to use all the features of this website
(1) For registration for our newsletters, we use what is known as the double opt-in procedure. This means that, after you specify your email address, we send a confirmation email to the address you specified in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to be sent the newsletter. If you do not confirm within 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted. If you do confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter, we will store your email address until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. This storage is solely for the purpose of being able to send you the newsletter. Furthermore, both at the point of registration and confirmation, we store your IP address and the time, in order to prevent misuse of your personal data.
(2) The disclosure of your email address is necessary so that we can send you the newsletter. The disclosure of your name is voluntary and allows us to address you personally in the newsletter.
(3) You can decide for yourself which of our newsletter you want to receive via a subscription center.
(4) Your consent to be sent the newsletter can be revoked at any time. To revoke it, you can click the link provided in every newsletter email, send an email to info(at)tekom.de, or declare your revocation in a message using the contact data specified in the imprint page of this website. The data you enter will not be forwarded to third parties.
(5) The consent given by you is worded as follows:
By requesting the newsletter, you consent to the data specified below being electronically collected, processed and used for this purpose by tekom Deutschland / tekom Europe / tcworld GmbH until such time as you revoke your consent, which you may do at any time.
You may cancel (unsubscribe) at any time yourself using the unsubscribe link in the newsletter or by simply clicking “Unsubscribe” on this page instead of “Subscribe”. Your data will not be forwarded or sold to third parties for advertising purposes.
§6 Use of Marketo
(1) We use the services of Marketo EMEA Limited to send out our newsletter and other mailshots (call for papers), to manage advertising permissions, and to collect statistical data on the use of our website and optimize the site accordingly.
(2) If you purchase a product or service from us, your email address will be imported into Marketo’s systems so that we can send you information emails for similar goods or services in future. The legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) f) GDPR.
(4) Tracking pixel and how you can prevent this
We should like to point out that when sending out the newsletter or other requested information on our behalf, Marketo analyzes your user behavior. To perform this analysis, the emails that are dispatched contain ‘web beacons’ (also known as ‘tracking pixels’). These are single-pixel image files that link to our website, thereby enabling us to perform a session-based analysis of your user behavior. We record when you read our newsletter, which links in the newsletter you click on, and conclude from this what your personal interests are. Marketo stores the information collected in this way on its server in the EU/EEA.
Tracking is not possible if you have disabled the display of images by default in your email program. In this event however, the newsletter will not be displayed to you in full and you may not be able to use all of its functions. If you manually allow the images to be displayed, the above-mentioned tracking will take place.
(5) Marketo’s address and URL with its Privacy Notice:
Marketo EMEA Ltd.
South County Business Park
§7 Integration of Third-Party Services
1. Social Media Plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn, Google +.
(2) If you access a page containing this kind of plug-in, the browser establishes a connection with the servers of the social media provider and transmits the information that you accessed with the corresponding sub-page of our online service. In addition, the data specified under §3 of this declaration is transmitted, whereby, in the case of Facebook and XING, according to the respective provider in Germany, only an anonymized IP will be collected. This takes place regardless of whether you have an account with this plug-in provider or are logged in there. If you are logged in at the plug-in provider, these data are assigned directly to your account. If you click on the button, the plug-in provider will store this information as well in your user account and communicates this to your contacts. If you do not want this assignment to your profile at the plug-in provider, you must log out before activating the button.
(3) The plug-in provider stores these data as a user profile and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or to design its website to meet the needs of users. Utilization of this sort takes place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) in order to display demand-oriented advertisement and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles, although to exercise this right, you must contact the respective plug-in providers.
(4) Further information about the meaning and scope of data collection and processing through plug-in providers can be found in the data protection declarations disclosed by these providers below. There, you can also find further information as to your rights in this respect as well as settings options to protect your privacy.
(5) Addresses of the respective providers and URLs with their data protection notices:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; further information on data collection: www.facebook.com/about/privacy, www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield: www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield: www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
2. Integration of YouTube Videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos in our online offerings, which are stored at www.youtube.com and can be played back directly on our website. These are all integrated in "advanced privacy protection mode", i.e., so that no data about you as a user are transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. The data specified in Section 2 will only be transmitted if you play the videos. We have no influence over transmission of these data.
(2) Address of YouTube and URL with its data protection notice:
YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066, USA
§8 Right to Information
Upon request, you have the right to receive information on personal data about you that has been stored, free of cost. Additionally, the user has the right to correct incorrect data as well as to block or delete personal data, insofar as no legal duty exists to keep these data.
In addition, members can view, correct and update existing personal data in the internal area for members.
§9 Objection or Revocation of Consent to the Processing of Your Data
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, you can revoke this consent at any time. A revocation of this type will affect the permissibility of processing your personal data once you have declared this to us.
(2) If our processing of your personal data is based on the weighing of interests, you can lodge an objection to this processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary for the fulfillment of a contract with you, which we set out in each case in the following description of the functions. In the event that an objection of this type is lodged, we will ask you to set out the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. If your objection is justified, we will examine the situation and either discontinue or adapt the data processing, or indicate to you our compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing.
(3) You may of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us of your objection to advertising as follows:
Via the link to the subscription center, which is contained in every newsletter and mailshot
- By emailing us at info(at)tekom.de
- By faxing us at: +49 (0)711 65704-99
- By writing to us at: tekom / tcworld GmbH, Rotebühlstrasse 64, 70178 Stuttgart, Germany